Tile of Spain Showcases Innovative, Sustainable and Highly-Creative Architectural Solutions at the AIA 2012 National Convention
Miami, FL May 2012 - Tile of Spain, the international brand representing 200 ceramic tile manufacturers belonging to the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association (ASCER), served as an indispensable resource and a hub of creative inspiration for the architectural community at the AIA 2012 National Convention, May 17-19 in Washington, DC.
At the Tile of Spain information and exhibition booth #1539, attendees were exposed to the most advanced ceramic tile technology, sustainable design options and diverse architectural concepts available. During the three day exhibition, the Tile of Spain brand featured bold new innovations such as voluminous large format tiles for building facades that appear to curve and ripple; tiles with high amounts of recycled content for eco-friendly building; ceramic tiles that replicate the look of aged, weathered and distressed wood and much more.
- APAVISA’s Archconcept series is a new indoor/outdoor ceramic collection that provides dramatic volume to vertical surfaces with several shapes including unique hexagons with a center bump and square panels with raised and folded corners. The tiles are created with stone, metal and cement finishes that have revolutionized traditional porcelain finishes.
- AZULEJOS PLAZA’s Ecowood series of Eco-Logik tile, features more than 85 percent of its components coming from recycled materials and gives the appearance of stained wood floors with all the durability and strength of ceramic tile. It’s available in four colors and can be used indoors and outdoors. Other tile series featured include Valley Front and Liberty.
- AZULEV’s Deserto tile recreates the look of natural slate in a 17.7 x 26 format. It is available in grey and black and accent pieces include Décor Fusion in blue or orange. The Enigma collection merges the minimal aspects of cement with subtle intrusions of stone into a colored body porcelain tile. Available in four colors including white, beige, graffitto and grey and created with digital technology and high-tech applications. Other tiles featured include Tecnica and Estilo.
- GRESPANIA’s Coverlam series is a laminated and rectified porcelain stoneware tiles manufactured using an innovative production process that has reduced the tiles’ thickness to 3.5 mm. These large-format, lightweight tiles have all the same strength, impermeability and durability of thicker tiles. Other tiles featured include Numancia and Meteor.
- KERABEN will present new sizes, colors and finishes to its current Stone Studio Brancato collection, an interpretation of natural stones through large format ceramic tiles available in shades of black, graphite, grey, mocha, light brown and cream.
- LAND’s Portland collection has the appearance of a real concrete, is high-technical porcelain and is suitable for high transit areas. Notable products include Portland Grey Lappato, a porcelain floor tileand Portland Mosaic 3D, a porcelain wall tile.
- NATUCER’s Life Arq collection provides innovative ceramic wall and floor tile solutions, including a special tri-dimensional wall tile, producing a 3D bamboo effect. These unique 3D tiles offer limitless creative designs and architectural applications. Another tile featured is Casella, a colourful hexagon mosaic in bright colors including blues, reds, browns, greens and purples.
- PERONDA’s Banksy series is a rectified porcelain tile from the Museum Collection. The design inspiration is from graffiti and references street art from New York and inspirational graffiti artists, such as Banksy. Timber series is inspired by aged wood, recreating the look of natural deterioration such as salting and oxidization. Created using the latest printing technology, the tiles can also be customized with text and decoration inspired by the industrial stamps and symbols used on wood.
- PORCELANOSA will feature its Calacata, Ona and Madison tiles. Calacata is rich wall and floor porcelain tiles with varied graining that recreates the natural look of marble.Ona is a ceramic wall tile with the look and feeling of running water with a three-dimensional effect. Madison is a unique, three-dimensional wall tile in white, silver, gold and black. The Urbatek series of unglazed porcelain floor tile is rectified, extremely firm, hard and durable. Available in 12 colors ranging from pure white and black to finishes that emulate naturally formed stone.
- ROCA’s Pietro Nero is a rectified, double pressed, through-body porcelain with a dazzling face and natural-looking design. Also available in lapato.Other tiles featured include Calypso and Zen series of tile.
- SALONI’s new 30×90 format of white-body porcelain wall tiles come in a wide array of patterns to customize settings and create unique designs, including the look of leather with the Laca series or the appearance of glass in the Lumina series. Other tiles featured include Extrem, Contempora, Fusion and Gradual.
- TAU’s newest offerings will include its Onice and Kemberg tiles. Another notable innovation is Tau S3 Group’s Technical Ceramic Wall is a system where any technology can be seamlessly hidden behind a beautifully tiled wall. The Technical Ceramic Wall is a vertical extension of a removable floor behind which all wiring and fittings for appliances, devices and electrical equipment is concealed.
|About Tile of Spain
In Spain, tile makers labor as they have for centuries – pushing their passion for design and innovation to new levels of artisanship. With one of the purest and strongest domestic clays available, Spanish manufacturers have an unparalleled ability to make the end product more diverse. From rustic handmade forms; to technical facades that cool buildings and clean the air; to the impossibly slim, sustainable recycled and ink jet masterpieces that fire the imagination. The Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) is the private organization whose primary objective is to support Spain’s ceramic tile manufacturers and the industry as a whole by stewarding and promoting the Tile of Spain brand worldwide. A strong global leader, the ceramic tile industry of Spain comprises 200 manufacturers concentrated primarily in the province of Castellón. For more about tile produced in Spain, contact Tile of Spain Center at the Trade Commission of Spain, 2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 1114, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Call 305-446-4387 or visit www.tileofspainusa.com.